Welcome to the Invelos forums. Please read the forum rules before posting.

Read access to our public forums is open to everyone. To post messages, a free registration is required.

If you have an Invelos account, sign in to post.

    Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Desktop Technical Support Page: 1 2 3  Previous   Next
DVD Profiler hangs up on Refresh Updated Profiles
Author Message
DVD Profiler Unlimited Registrantdeepred
Registered: August 22, 2007
Posts: 13
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
I both managed to get one profile updated and to add new profiles. I just had to close the popup windows.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorMarty S. McFly
Registered: May 6, 2008
Canada Posts: 75
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting deepred:
Quote:
I both managed to get one profile updated and to add new profiles. I just had to close the popup windows.

Still doesn't work. 
DVD Profiler Unlimited Registrantdeepred
Registered: August 22, 2007
Posts: 13
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Marty S. McFly:
Quote:
Quoting deepred:
Quote:
I both managed to get one profile updated and to add new profiles. I just had to close the popup windows.

Still doesn't work. 

This worked for me: http://www.invelos.com/Forums.aspx?task=viewtopic&topicID=1085823&PageNum=1&messageID=3428826#M3428826
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorMarty S. McFly
Registered: May 6, 2008
Canada Posts: 75
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting deepred:
Quote:
Quoting Marty S. McFly:
Quote:
Quoting deepred:
Quote:
I both managed to get one profile updated and to add new profiles. I just had to close the popup windows.

Still doesn't work. 

This worked for me: http://www.invelos.com/Forums.aspx?task=viewtopic&topicID=1085823&PageNum=1&messageID=3428826#M3428826

OK I will give that a try. 
 Last edited: by Marty S. McFly
DVD Profiler Unlimited Registrantbpatt
Registered: March 26, 2007
Posts: 56
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
I did this - it will enable the add disc feature. However, closing DVDP, restarting it and then choosing the "Refresh Online List" option tries again to connect to Invelos.com, and still fails with the same 'Unexpected end of file' error.

The app seems fine - the app connectivity to the website is what is down.
Dyslexics are teople poo.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorMarty S. McFly
Registered: May 6, 2008
Canada Posts: 75
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Didn't work for me. where exactly is the OnlineList.dod supposed to be in what folder?
 Last edited: by Marty S. McFly
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantAlastor
Registered: October 29, 2010
Posts: 11
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Marty S. McFly:
Quote:
Didn't work for me. where exactly is the OnlineList.dod supposed to be in what folder?


On Windows 11, save the file in C:\Users\MyUserName\Documents\DVD Profiler

When you start DVD Profiler, it will find the file there, import the data and delete it.

Unfortunately, after that, when you restart DVD Profiler, the original problem will come back.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorMarty S. McFly
Registered: May 6, 2008
Canada Posts: 75
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Alastor:
Quote:
Quoting Marty S. McFly:
Quote:
Didn't work for me. where exactly is the OnlineList.dod supposed to be in what folder?


On Windows 11, save the file in C:\Users\MyUserName\Documents\DVD Profiler

When you start DVD Profiler, it will find the file there, import the data and delete it.

Unfortunately, after that, when you restart DVD Profiler, the original problem will come back.

Think I will just wait till they fit it. 
DVD Profiler Unlimited Registrantdeepred
Registered: August 22, 2007
Posts: 13
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Indeed you were right. After restarting DVD Profiler, I got the popup again.    Even though it doesn't seem to prevent me from downloading updates and adding profiles.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantSutekh
Registered: May 9, 2007
Australia Posts: 16
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Same for me, and likely everyone I guess. Sure I can make the popup go away, but I don't think it's downloading any new profiles.
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar Contributorwidescreenforever
Under A Double DoubleW
Registered: March 13, 2007
Reputation: High Rating
Canada Posts: 5,490
Posted:
PM this userVisit this user's homepageView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
When ever I resfrsh the titles to see whats is new it always comes back  " all data files are up to date"
even after a week I only received one title instead of the usual  10 to 15 ..
also when I go to 'add to collection' it freezes but when I hit cancel  it goes thru to site ..

I'd attach photos but can't for the life of me figure how to do that..
In the 60's, People took Acid to make the world Weird. Now the World is weird and People take Prozac to make it Normal.

Terry
DVD Profiler Unlimited Registrantdeepred
Registered: August 22, 2007
Posts: 13
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting widescreenforever:
Quote:
even after a week I only received one title instead of the usual  10 to 15 ..

Are there a lot of new approved profiles since the maintenance, though? I submitted two profiles one week ago and they are still not approved...
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantStumpyBloke
Registered: May 17, 2007
United Kingdom Posts: 15
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Edit: ignore
 Last edited: by StumpyBloke
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantDamthing
Registered: July 25, 2018
Posts: 2
Posted:
PM this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
It's changed I no longer get the unexpected end of file message. Clicking on that when it was there didn't fix the problem and now that it has gone I still can not add new dvd's to my collection.
DVD Profiler Desktop and Mobile RegistrantBig Al
Techno Bunker Keeper
Registered: March 18, 2007
United Kingdom Posts: 79
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
All working correctly now
 Last edited: by Big Al
DVD Profiler Unlimited RegistrantStar ContributorMarty S. McFly
Registered: May 6, 2008
Canada Posts: 75
Posted:
PM this userEmail this userView this user's DVD collectionDirect link to this postReply with quote
Quoting Big Al:
Quote:
All working correctly now

WOO HOO!!!! 
    Invelos Forums->DVD Profiler: Desktop Technical Support Page: 1 2 3  Previous   Next